Planning for the distribution of your assets upon death can be an uncomfortable exercise. The Law Offices of Atkinson & Associates offers confidential advice to individuals and families concerning how, and to whom their assets will be divided upon their death. We provided advice and drafting services concerning Wills, Trusts, Powers of Attorney, Living Wills, Irrevocable Trusts, and Healthcare Powers of Attorney. Through the use and execution of these documents, our firm can help you and your family protect your wealth and assets for future generations.
Atkinson & Associates provides a variety of personally tailored estate planning products and services to meet the needs of our clients including but not limited to the following:
- Wills/ Last Will and Testament
- Durable Power of Attorney
- Living Will
- Living Trusts
- Healthcare Power of Attorney
Too often we hear that after the death of a loved one, family members have unlawfully seized and claimed property that rightly belongs to another family member. Atkinson & Associates represents individuals and fiduciaries in all areas of probate and administration. We can help you maintain good family relationships and guide you through the estate and probate administration process.
In the course of estate administration, we represent individuals and fiduciaries in all aspects of the probate and administration process. We offer consultation and representation in both defending and challenging the validity of wills and trusts.
We provide income, gift, and estate planning for individuals and family businesses. This practice area includes state tax matters, income tax planning, estate tax planning, trust preparation, charitable planning, organizational advice for businesses, and contested tax controversies, litigation with the Internal Revenue Service, and state revenue agencies.
The diverse activities of this practice area include:
- representing beneficiaries of estates or trusts by negotiating and settling family disputes;
- preparing wills and trusts for individuals, including revocable trusts, life insurance trusts, grantor retained annuity trusts, personal residence trusts, and generation-skipping trusts;
- planning for issues related to qualified plans, IRAs, stock options, and other income tax-savings for our clients;
- charitable planning, including tax advice and the creation and representation of private foundations and other charitable entities;
- establishing entities for the transfer of ownership or control of family businesses, through family limited partnerships or other similar entities; and
- resolving disputes with state agencies and the Internal Revenue Service through negotiation, and, if necessary, litigation.
- Probating wills
- Petitioning for administrations and year’s support
- Assistance with deed issues and title transfers
- Assistance with insurance and other benefits claims
- Addressing claims of creditors
- Establishing trusts and custodial accounts
Contact the Law Offices of Atkinson & Associates for more information concerning our Estate Planning & Probate services.